Sunday, June 21, 2015

Easy and FREE Book Page Wreath

I love coming across a project on Pinterest or on a blog and then nailing it when I try it at home (too often this is NOT the case). I love it even more when I find stuff around the house and do it for FREE! I've seen a bunch of these tutorials online so this may be a repeat read for you, but what I haven't seen is how to do it for FREE with items around your house!

If a Danielle Steel book, a Cheez-it box, a stapler and some Scotch tape had a baby what would it look like?






Shim would look like this:


Pretty Cute Kid!


Here's what I did:

  • Cut a cardboard box (in my case a Cheez-it box) into a donut shape. I used both sides of the box and taped them together to make it extra sturdy.


  • As cleanly as possible start ripping out pages of your book. Mine was yellowed and old looking and I like the way it turned out but I'm sure white would look great too!


  • Make what seems like a million cones out of the pages that will look like this:



  • Start from the outside of the donut and staple the cones as you go. When you get to the next layer graduate the cones so they are a little shorter as you near the middle. You will start to sorta tuck them into the middle of the donut and secure them to the back of the box with a staple. When you get to the middle the cones might start acting wonky and flopping inward. This is nothing a little double sided tape can't fix. I would put a piece of tape on the back of the cone and stick it to the cone that was behind it so you can't see the tape. The last layer on the inside of the donut you won't want to staple because you will see the staples. For this I only used tape. 
And that's it! It took me about 30 minutes from start to finish and most of that time was rolling those darn cones. My two year old thought it was ice cream and had a total melt down when he couldn't eat it. Kid's are silly.



No comments:

Post a Comment