Monday, July 13, 2015

Sad Thrift Store Chair Gets Cheery

I picked up this chair last week while treasure hunting at one of my favorite thrift stores! Isn't she so lovely!?
It was a deal at $14.99 and I knew with a little fabric and maybe some paint it would be totally reinvented. While trying to figure out what I wanted to do with it I came across a curtain panel from the Threshold line at Target I had picked up on clearance a while back. (Am I the only one OBSESSED with this line? I could literally buy everything they make)

**TIP: Curtains are a GREAT way to recover pillows, make headboards or table runners...the possibilities are truly endless. They are also waaay cheaper than most fabric of the same quality making them a holy grail item for someone like me :)

I unscrewed the four screws found under the seat of the chair and using a staple gun stapled the fabric to the seat. It took a little work to get it to lay correctly but nothing someone who has never done it couldn't do! Once it looked good enough to call it a day I screwed the seat back on.


I fought my inner "love to paint everything white" loving self and left it as-is. The wood is in great condition and I think I'll keep it... What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment